This position is located un the Veterans Health Administration, Office of Communications. The primary purpose of the position is to develop and manage VHA's historic program. Incumbent functions as the VHA expert authority on the history of national medical facilities and national policy of the Veterans Health Administration through research, documentation and evaluation of historic and cultural properties. Incumbent serves as VHA focal point for the National Historic Preservation Act.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include but not limited to:
- Provides historical information or draft replies relative to the history and historic preservation of VHA historical programs.
- Consultant and provides historical information from current files and documents on the tradition and changes to various programs. Researches and develops written documentation of notable figures having served throughout VHA.
- Serves as the expert on historical issues with various councils and provides input on historic preservation issues including architectural information.
- Keeps leadership apprised.
- Serves as the focal point for the management of VHA records, reviews all documents or information. Coordinates National Archives Records Administration to review stored documents.
- Maintains an official file of historical documents.
- Contribute input for speeches given by leadership and highlighting historical significance of VHA including the medical facilities.
- Develop training that relates to historical programs, policies and procedures of VHA to provide an appreciation and understanding of VHA to include the objectives of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Research speaking invitations to determine the nature of the audience and any other special considerations of which the speaker should be aware.
- Remains current within the historical field and develops avenues to coordination information within the private sector, universities and other government historic offices such National Archives, state and local branches of the military.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Telework: Not Avaialbe
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Historian/PD330680
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564141200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.