About the Position: This position is aboard a hopper dredge. The Portland District's hopper dredges Yaquina and Essayons, work to ensure a safe "highway" for ships and other vessels. The hopper dredge is a specialized sea-going vessel designed to dredge and transport dredged material from ocean bars, fast flowing rivers and isolated harbors to open-water disposal areas.Learn more about this agency
- You will prepare and serve meals aboard a Hopper Dredge to all Crew Members.
- You will prepare various meats such as poultry, fish, chops, steaks, roasts.
- You will prepare various vegetables and fruits in a variety of ways such as cutting, grinding, dicing, and slicing.
- You will prepare foods in a variety of ways such as soups, stews, gravies and sauces.
- You will bake bread, cakes and pastries.
- You will portion food for individual servings.
- You will maintain all areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- You will stand Port Watch as required.
76% or greater - This position is aboard a dredging vessel, travel on the vessel is required (during dredging season). Schedules generally run 8 days on and 6 days off when in the Oregon and Washington area. Occasionally schedules change to 15 on 13 off out of the Oregon and Washington area.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564140900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.