This position is for Registered Nurse (RN) on all units of Durham, Fayetteville & Salisbury VA Health Care System, and it is OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT and will remain open until September 28, 2020. Eligible applications received that will be referred at regular intervals or as additional vacancies occur on an as-needed basis until positions are filled.Learn more about this agency
JOB AMENDED: THIS ANNOUNCEMENT INCLUDES ASHEVILLE VA HCS LOCATION
Registered Nurse (RN ) is directly responsible to the Nurse Manager and will be accountable for the provision of direct patient care and for the delivery of quality nursing care to a culturally diverse population with complex needs. Must possess the knowledge and skills to effectively apply all aspects of the nursing process within a collaborative and interdisciplinary practice setting. The RN may be appointed in the areas of most need by assessed skill set. The nurse practices in a complex patient care setting in collaboration with interdisciplinary colleagues and the department nurse/unit manager. The primary responsibilities of this Registered Nurse may vary by assignment. Those duties may include but are not limited to:
Work Schedule: Full time (Temporary)
- Skilled inpatient assessment with the ability to communicate appropriate concerns regarding patient's condition based on sound theoretical and technical basis.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply theories of aging as a scientific basis for practice.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate Gerontological theories in their nursing practice.
- Skilled in preventive maintenance, restorative, rehabilitative and palliative nursing care.
- Psycho-social assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of health care needs and care of specific patients and families/significant others.
- Restraint or seclusion treatment modalities are applied by nursing staff if patient is a danger to self or others.
- Order emergent diagnostic test such as Radiologist - x-rays; Laboratory - blood gases, CBC, Electrolyte; Electrocardiogram- (12 lead).
- Interpret cardiac arrhythmia and administer appropriate drugs per physician orders.
- IVs and approved IV medication administration.
- Initiate use of pressure infusers per physician orders.
- Identify indications for temporary pacemaker, mode selection, rhythm recognitions ,interpret pacemaker functions and properly adjust temporary pacemaker settings.
- Titration of ordered medication according to establish parameters.
- Assist with cardio-version.
- Assist with insertion of hemodynamic monitoring and analyzing and interpretation of cardiac profiles and wave-forms.
- CVP monitoring; management and care of PICC line; management and care of recovery patients.
- Manages care of patient on mechanical ventilation following policy/protocols.
Tour of Duty: Varies and dependent on facility needs. Various tours . Need to be available for day, night , evening and weekend shifts.
Final Salary will be determined on the Selectee's physical location.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564128700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.