Serves as the Office Director, Office of Behavioral Safety Research, under the general direction of the Associate Administrator for Research and Program Development. Provides national leadership in planning and developing traffic safety and injury control research programs directed at preventing and reducing the occurrence of traffic crashes and their resultant deaths, injuries, and economic costs.Learn more about this agency
As a Program Manager, you will:
- Plan, manage, and serve as the principal advisor and consultant to the Associate Administrator for Research and Program Development related to his or her program responsibilities. Through Division Chiefs, directs the following activities.
- Participate in the development of annual and multi-year program plans and budgets through ongoing collaboration with relevant staff from other Office within NPD, NRO, and NSR.
- Formulate policy recommendations on research program issues and serves as principal agency contact on research technical program and policy
- Develop programs that are executed in accordance with agreed upon plans. Ensure that problems affecting progress of work are identified and resolved in a timely manner. Maintain up-to-date information on status of program activities and prepare reports to higher management as
- Support other offices within NHTSA in providing technical. Provide information to assist traffic safety legislative activities.
The selected candidate will serve as Director, Office of Behavioral Safety Research. The ideal candidate will provide national leadership in planning and developing traffic safety and injury control research programs directed at preventing and reducing the occurrence of traffic crashes and their resultant deaths, injuries, and economic costs. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of leading work groups, developing strategic plans, formulating and executing budgets, encouraging staff development, and aligning work assignments with priorities.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564124300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.