THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied.Learn more about this agency
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found at https://fsoutreach.gdcii.com/Outreach.
- The responsibilities listed below are at the full performance level.
- Provide professional wildlife expertise in the protection, management, and improvement of wildlife within the framework of multiple-use management of forest and rangelands.
- Correlate wildlife management with other resource uses (e.g. timber, recreation, and minerals management) and implement wildlife habitat management programs with emphasis on maintaining and enhancing bio-diversity.
- Inspect habitat improvement projects for compliance with approved plans and recommend improvements.
- Prepare project work plans and coordinate project work with other unit personnel considering wildlife habitat requirements in relation to other multiple-use management of forest and range activities.
- Develop or provide input into the annual program of work determining budgeting and staffing needs.
- Provide assistance in preparing and reviewing environmental assessments and environmental impact statements affecting wildlife resources.
- Develop and implement wildlife interpretative programs and other means to promote the unit fish and wildlife programs.
- Provide functional assistance to other unit personnel to determine current progress in meeting planned programs and objectives, effectiveness of training, and opportunities for cooperative work.
- Give advice, counsel or instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters.
- Plan work to be accomplished, set and adjust short-term priority and prepare schedule for completion of work.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564085100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.