The VA Sierra Nevada Healthcare System Registered Nurse Manager assigned to the Medical Surgical Units (MSU) provides total nursing care to medical, surgical, oncology and telemetry patients. The Nurse Manager is responsible for the overall operation of their assigned unit with regard to nursing care, patient/family relations, environmental safety, and efficient resource utilization.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Executes position responsibilities that demonstrate leadership, experience, and creative
approaches to management of complex client care.
* Provides leadership in the application of the nursing process to client care, organizational processes and/or systems improving outcomes at the program or service level.
* Provides leadership in promoting an effective, compassionate delivery of health services
congruent with the health care system mission and vision.
* Initiates measures designed to improve organizational performance. Identifies and
improves patient care processes as needed.
* Implements an educational plan to meet changing program or service needs for self and others.
* Coaches colleagues in team building. Makes sustained contributions to health care by sharing expertise within the health care system or external to it.
* Provides leadership in identifying and addressing ethical issues that impact client and staff, including initiating and participating in ethical consultations.
* Uses the group process to identify, analyze, and resolve care problems.
* Encourages creativity in others by example and through use of creative thinking
strategies and tools.
* Collaborates with others in research activities to improve care.
* Incorporates current research, new interventions, and technological advances into
* Manages program resources (financial, human, material, or informational)
to facilitate safe, effective, and efficient care.
* Manages appraisal program so that appraisals are submitted timely, in accordance with VA policy.
* Performs managerial duties such as position classification, position management, staffing, employee development, labor relations, and employee relations in an effective manner assuring that rules, regulations and policy directives are followed.
* Develops a competency assessment plan that is maintained, monitored, assessed and improved continually, with employees consistently meeting or surpassing established competency requirements.
Work Schedule: Full Time, 40 hours per week, shift work, weekends, days, evenings, nights and holidays.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564069500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.