THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied.Learn more about this agency
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found at https://fsoutreach.gdcii.com/Outreach.
- The responsibilities listed below are at the full performance level.
- Develop timber plans that protect soil water retention and reestablishment of the forest growth for a timber management program.
- Review silvicultural prescriptions to ensure compatibility with long-range timber management plans for a natural resource organization.
- Review and appraise timber resources to meet demand and future needs.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of timber sale contracts and related documents for a timber management program.
- Coordinate with other disciplines to integrate the timber management plan with other resources and approved land management plans in support of a timber management program.
- Ensure integration of the timber management plan with other resources and activities for a timber sale program.
- Investigate reports of improper logging activities for a timber management program.
- Provide leadership to subordinate staff, setting goals, policies, and objectives.
- Demonstrate a commitment to fostering and promoting an equitable, inclusive, and safe work environment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564067600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.