The VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System is recruiting for a Therapy Assistant. The Therapy Assistant will function in our Recreation Therapy Service.
- Assessing, planning, implementing, and conducting ongoing highly specialized and diversified recreation therapy treatment interventions, with great autonomy, for patients with varying degrees of impairments associated with but not limited to Geriatrics, Poly trauma (TBI); Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD); Serious Mental Illness; Hospice, Amputee; Spinal Cord Injury Disorder (SCI/D), Multiple Sclerosis, including ventilator dependence, dementia, Neurological, and Orthopedics' requiring the application of nonstandard and standard treatment procedures and approaches.
- Interpreting medical information in relation to disabilities, planning treatment, evaluating the condition and progress of patients, development of therapeutic techniques and devices, evaluating and advising on limitations and usefulness of recreation therapy interventions, and orienting/ training/supervising student therapists, volunteers, and/or compensated work therapy (CWT) workers.
- Completing medical record documentation in accordance with policy and procedures of Recreation Therapy Service program(s), accreditation agencies standards and regulations, e.g. Joint Commission (JC) and Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), Long Term Care Institute, and Central Office and Health Care System's policies.
- Motivating patients with geriatric, psychiatric, PTSD, Poly trauma, substance abuse, stroke, AIDS, cardiac, and co-occurring disorders to participate in general social, leisure, and recreation activities.
- Utilizes specialized skill in the application, implementation, and conduction of evidence-based modalities, and interventions such as but not limited to sensory-motor integration, motor movement and control, memory, behavior re-direction, fitness and prevention, activity and leisure development.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Therapy Assistant/53702-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564022100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.