About the Position: Serves as a regional subject matter expert on engineering geology for dam safety modification and related products of the South Pacific Division (Region) Dam Safety Production Center (Center).Learn more about this agency
- Provides technical expertise and interface for complex risk analysis, highly specialized design, design review, construction, and rehabilitation of a diverse array of projects and functions.
- Manages,, coordinates, and reviews engineering geology portion of assigned analyses, studies, and other technical products prepared by the Center, A-E firms, or other professional contractors in the area of dam safety modification.
- Evaluates and designs engineering geology aspects of dams, embankments and potential hazards of hydraulic structures on a wide range of geologic conditions.
- Designs and directs installation of complex instrumentation systems to measure geologic properties for inclusion in analyses.
- Develops and implements specialized laboratory testing programs to determine geologic characteristics and rock mechanics parameters.
- Prepares design reports, dam safety modification reports, engineering geology portions of risk analysis reports, and/or construction drawings and specifications
- Provides technical support to districts performing risk analyses, engineering analyses, designs, and plans and specifications, especially for dam safety modification studies.
Occasional travel - Travel, including international, may be required approximately 20-30% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563993600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.