WHAT IS THE TAXPAYER ADVOCATE DIVISION?
The Taxpayer Advocate Service is an independent organization within the IRS. The TAS mission is to assist taxpayers in resolving their problems with the IRS (Case Advocacy), and to identify and propose administrative and legislative solutions to mitigate those problems (Systemic Advocacy).
Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for locations.
WHAT DOES A EDUCATION SERVICES PROJECT MANAGER DO? As an Education Services Project Manager you will direct Subject Matter Experts (SME) to develop and deliver training products for a Business Unit within the IRS. Edit, revise and provide feedback to SME individuals regarding training materials developed. Create and maintain online delivery systems (Learning Content Management System (LCMS), Virtual Environment CENTRA). Consult with customers at all levels of management to clarify expectations and meet their needs. Advise management of the most appropriate delivery method(s) for each project. Maintain multiple projects and assignments in a fast paced environment. Analyze course feedback to improve training products and delivery.
As an Education Services Project Manager you will:
- Present findings through consolidated status reports, oral presentations, memoranda, and other documents as required.
- Analyze, plan, organize, review, revise, evaluate and provide technical direction for on-line, virtual, classroom or electronic products of performance support systems.
- Provide technical oversight, direction and guidance to team members assigned to development project and input to supervisor on team member performance.
- Analyze previous course evaluations and determines the best methods of presentation for the complete course/module.
- Interpret study results and student performance data to devise/revise education objectives, methods and materials.
- Use a broad range of performance support tools and techniques to plan and direct the development of a wide range of training products including on-line, virtual, classroom and electronic products.
- Be recognized as a technical expert in the design, development, delivery, analysis and evaluation of learning and education programs and issues.
- Be an administrator on the Enterprise Learning Management System (ELMS) and user of the Learning Content Management System (LCMS).
- Review and Revise TAS technical training materials for accuracy
- Use knowledge of technical tax law to review and refine training materials, with a specific advocacy focus.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563991600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.