The VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System is recruiting for a Medical Instrument Technician (Vascular). The Medical Instrument Technician (Vascular) will function in the Vascular Surgery section of Surgical Service.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
The Medical Instrument Technician (Vascular) functions as a senior technician. They are expected to perform the full range of vascular ultrasound procedures including the most complex and non-routine and to make appropriate adjustments in established procedures and techniques to obtain the results required for clinical diagnosis and documentation.
- Performing of high quality standardized and routine diagnostic vascular testing of the extremities, cerebrovascular, and abdominal vasculature using diagnostic Ultrasound and Plethysmography equipment.
- Performing complex and non-routine vascular ultrasound procedures.
- Performing additional testing including, but not limited to, evaluation of Arteriovenous Fistulas, Palmar Arch Studies, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome evaluation, and Ice Water Immersion.
- Applying knowledge of anatomy and physiology including location and function of major body organs and structures as they relate to vascular sonography.
- Applying knowledge of disease entities that impact the vascular system and their influence on the test results.
- Following departmental examination procedures and adapt testing as needed for the patient's condition or disease process.
- Assisting physicians with thrombin injections.
- Maintaining a sterile field.
- Maintaining accurate and complete patient records and reports for examinations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563991300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.