Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services (CMCS) Financial Management Group (FMG).
As a Supervisory Financial Management Specialist, GS-0501-14, you will serve as a Branch Chief responsible for supervising the daily operations of the Audit and Review Branch including, but not limited to directing and guiding subordinate staff; planning, prioritizing, and reviewing branch work; and managing branch activities.
- Provide leadership, project and technical direction to lower graded analysts, defining individual team members' task assignments, reviewing members' work for technical accuracy, and making recommendations for technical training needed for employees.
- Provide technical assistance to CMS staff, States, contractors, etc., to resolve problems by participating in meetings, answering inquiries, going onsite, doing special analyses, providing training, refining instructions, etc.
- Conduct analytical studies of Medicaid, CHIP, or BHP financial policies to evaluate their effectiveness and relevance to such programs; reviewing and evaluating legislation, policies, and program issues.
- Coordinate assigned program activities with key officials and groups within and outside the organization; working with CMS, state, and local officials and outside groups and organizations.
- Prepare issue papers, briefing documents, correspondence, project evaluations and reports, analyses, and recommendations for applicable policy areas necessary for audit resolution.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563969200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.