North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System is recruiting for multiple Registered Nurse, Inpatient Care Coordinators (ICC), at the Malcom Randall VA Medical Center, in Gainesville, Florida .Learn more about this agency
***THIS VACANCY WILL BE OPEN UNTIL ALL POSITIONS ARE FILLED***
The first cut-off date is 04/26/2020 then approximately every 4-6 weeks thereafter until all positions are filled.
- Provides evidence-based recommendations for inpatient care and flow such as case management literature, practice standards, and NUMAC approved clinical decision product components: care management, discharge screens, and utilization benchmarks
- Develops and documents a patient-centered, interdisciplinary discharge plan in collaboration with members of the health care team early in the hospital stay
- Analyzes, integrates, and revises the discharge plan as needed
- Facilitates and coordinates the discharge plan such as placing or recommending consults, resolving or mitigating barriers to care/flow/discharge, collaborating with nursing staff to provide education, post-acute care arrangements completed and communicated to all stakeholders
- Coordinates in interdisciplinary team meetings about anticipated barriers and discharge planning.
- Networks with VA and/or other community professionals to maintain knowledge of health, social service, and funding resources
- Learns, understands, and applies principles related to discharge planning, practice guidelines, expected patient hospital course, accreditation standards, and performance measures
- Uses NUMAC approved care management, discharge screens, and utilization benchmarks to develop flow and discharge plans
- Uses emergency and bed management software and utilization data to manage flow and identify barriers for the assigned patient population
Work Schedule: Evening Shift: 3:30pm - Midnight; Night Shift: Midnight - 8am
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
Position Title / Functional Statement #: Registered Nurse / 00000000
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563959900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.