Who may apply: All U.S. Citizens.Learn more about this agency
Position is located in the Information & Technology Directorate, Infrastructure & Production Support Ops, Lan Support Team.
THIS POSITION HAS A 50 POUND LIFTING REQUIREMENT. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PASS A PHYSICAL EXAMINATION BEFORE BEING APPOINTED TO THIS POSITION.
SOME POSITIONS MAY REQUIRE SHIFT WORK. SHIFTS MAY INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO 6:00 am TO 2:30 pm OR 9:30 am TO 6:00 pm
- Installs, verifies, and reports on standard hardware and/or software packages. Incumbent ensures proper functioning and operation of installed hardware and/or software, as well as quality implementing instructions.
- Provides the customer service and support necessary to ensure mission critical business activities are carried out via local personal computers (PC) across the agency.
- Utilizes best practices in applying IT techniques to hardware and software rollouts, imaging, standard configurations, anti-virus applications, patch management, group policies, and scripting.
- Researches, evaluates, and provides feedback on problematic trends and patterns in customer support requirements for new or modified systems.
- Monitors the ongoing operation of a complex network environment with a large number of users and ensures corrective action to restore operational service is accomplished.
- Troubleshoots issues or patches ports when a physical presence is required, such as power cycling devices. Installs and configures servers if equipment is on site.
- Security+ certifications are preferred
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563944500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.