The incumbent performs duties which assist the field offices and staff in developing and implementing a comprehensive natural resource conservation program throughout the geographic area of responsibility by providing technical guidance, assistance, and evaluation on matters related to Farm Bill Programs and Conservation Program contracting and implementation. The position is responsible for other Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) programs in the designated area of responsibility.Learn more about this agency
- Provides program management, training and quality control for NRCS Farm Bill Programs.
- Collects and analyses data necessary to update and modify technical guides for use by field offices in administering programs
- Responsible for furnishing technical assistance to determine need and feasibility of Farm Bill financial assistance and state cost share programs as well as on completion certifies that they are in compliance with Service Standards.
- Conducts regular follow-up on all scheduled practices assigned; develops operation and maintenance agreements for all structural practices planned and contracted.
- Provides technical guidance and information to engineers, conservation districts and regional planning groups to insure the development of highly specialized land resource plans, and to incorporate needed soil and water conservation measures.
- Provides administration to the filed offices, including property management, maintenance of records, and preparation of administrative reports.
- Conducts area reviews, performs program quality checks in accordance with agency policies and provides training to the field staff for technical practices.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563943400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.