This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) in the Corporate Operations Department, ACIO/Information Technology Division, Cybersecurity Branch (Code 1043) of the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division Dam Neck Activity.
- You will oversee the implementation and monitoring of information technology security controls and security authorization documents.
- You will ensure that systems are compliant with mandated security policies and requirements.
- You will provide technical recommendations for all Risk Assessments and Vulnerability Assessments conducted for the system or site.
- You will provide security analysis of all IT activities to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place and being enforced.
- You will coordinate scanning or other penetration testing activities that might occur at/or traverse the system's infrastructure as part of a Security Control Assessment (SCA).
- You will oversee and maintain regulatory requirements and participate on the Change Control Board (CCB) by reviewing changes for security implications and security applications.
- You will provide recommendations on policies, instructions and standard operating procedures to ensure cybersecurity requirements are clearly identified and able to be understood by the workforce.
- You will assist in the performance of security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan.
- You will provide input to the Risk Management Framework process activities and related documentation (e.g., system life-cycle support plans, concept of operations, operational procedures, and other artifacts).
- You will implement security measures to resolve vulnerabilities, mitigate risks and recommend security changes to system or system components as needed to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation.
- You will support the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) by working with stakeholders to resolve computer security incidents and vulnerability compliance discrepancies.
- You will assist in conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- You will ensure security vulnerabilities are corrected in assigned systems in response to problems identified by vulnerability reports and scans.
- You will verify that application software/network/system security postures are implemented as stated, document deviations, and recommend required actions to correct those deviations.
- You will support necessary compliance activities such as ensuring system technical implementation guidelines and security requirement guides are followed, with appropriate compliance monitoring and reporting occurring.
- You will assist in the monitoring of plans of action and milestones or remediation plans for vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, inspections, etc., to ensure corrective actions are taken and reported.
- You will provide support to the Cyber Security Work Force Program Manager in the establishment and collection of metrics to monitor and validate cyber workforce readiness.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563940400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.