This position is located with Bureau of Indian Affairs, Division of Personnel Security. The Office of Human Capital Management (OHCM) is seeking to fill a Security Officer, GS-0080-14, position to contribute to the mission of the Bureau of Indian Affairs by providing leadership, advice and counsel on all matters concerning the personnel security program. This position will be filled in either Albuquerque, NM or Phoenix, AZ.Learn more about this agency
- Manages and administers a comprehensive Personnel Security Program to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and meet customer needs.
- Provides leadership in development of, implementation, and compliance with personnel security policy and procedures for all servicing areas.
- Develops and recommends specific work requirements, priorities, and resource allocation necessary to the program.
- Evaluates the correctness of sensitivity determinations for various positions.
- Determines the suitability and security eligibility for entry and retention in sensitive, critical sensitive and public trust positions.
- Provides advice, counsel and instructions to subordinates on work and administrative matters.
- Serves as the principal point of contact and liaison on security issues for all servicing areas.
- Develops and provides training on pre-?employment screening and issues related to the personnel security program.
- Provides leadership in the development and administration of the personnel security training program.
- Maintains a leadership role in adhering to Indian Affairs and Department policies, ethics, and standards.
- Uniformly and fairly applies Federal policies and standards for personnel suitability, personnel security, information and document security.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563918600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.