About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This position is located at: The 81st Readiness Division, Equipment Concentration Site 43, Maintenance Branch, Fort Benning, GA
Description of the Working Environment: Work is performed in a maintenance shop setting.
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify and maintain a variety of heavy mobile equipment, Equipment may include bulldozers, graders, tractors, trucks, tracked recovery vehicles, ambulances, generators and forklifts.
- Remove and repair major systems or components of equipment to include power packs, transmissions, transfers, gear reduction units, injector pumps, air conditioners, fuel pumps and alternators.
- Make idle speed, current, brake, and transmission linkage adjustments.
- Perform initial and in-process inspections; perform mechanical diagnostics and troubleshoot to localize defects and determine cause of malfunction; perform mechanical maintenance on defective parts; and perform minor body work.
- Provide technical assistance to unit personnel.
- Operate motor vehicles to perform the duties of this position.
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 5%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563910100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.