Education and length of practice will be considered through a formal pay-setting process in determining the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay).Learn more about this agency
Job announcement will be open for 6 months with the initial list of qualified applicants to be considered in 14 days. A new list will be created every 2 weeks for all other candidates.
All staff physicians assigned to Medicine Service will meet basic requirements and hold a degree
of doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy from a college or university approved by the Administrator; complete an ACGME accredited residency satisfactory to the Administrator, meet the physical standards as described by the Administrator and will be licensed to practice without restrictions in a state or territory of the United States.
Functions include, but is not limited to the following:
- Provides guidance and support to the advanced practice providers assigned to Oncology/Hematology Section in their respective areas of expertise.
- Participates in and attends medical center committees and/or teams as assigned by the Chief Medicine Service and in his/her absence.
- Participates in various facility programs designed to enhance and improve the delivery of patient care services, such as Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) teams, as assigned by Chief, Medicine Service.
- Provides quality patient-centered patient care to both inpatients and outpatients for adults age 18-65 and older adults age 65+ as assigned by Section Chief, Oncology/Hematology Section.
- Maintains clinical privileges in the areas of his/her expertise and in all areas required to carry out the duties of his/her assignments/responsibilities within Medicine Services.
- Demonstrate sound decision making skills, both clinical and administrative, which bring credit to the profession and serve to enhance the distinctive and contributory role of physicians.
- Facilitate the delivery of appropriate patient care in collaboration with other health professionals, medical center staff, and management.
- Participates in the formal education of the residents, fellows and medical students by presenting teaching rounds, lectures, conferences, etc.
- Assists in conducting studies regarding treatment modalities, outcomes, and other aspects of patient care when appropriate.
Financial Disclosure Report: N/A
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563909400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.