About the Position: Fort Drum, the home of the 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), is located in Northern New York, a historically unique and geographically beautiful area, offering bountiful outdoor recreational opportunities from hunting and fishing to winter sports of all types. Fort Drum is approximately 30 miles from Canada, with the Great Lakes to the west, the Adirondack Mountains to the east, St. Lawrence River and Thousand Islands in between.Learn more about this agency
*This is a Direct Hire Solicitation*
- Serves as a project manager for the Division, facilitating and/or expediting maintenance, repair and minor construction projects through all project stages, from their initial approval for design through project completion.
- Administers and oversees architect/engineer (A/E) contracts related to real property facilities; prepares contracts, change orders, and Government estimates; and coordinates review, acceptance, and payment for completed work.
- Maintain frequent contacts with division coworkers in order to render advice and assistance and check on project status; provides reliable information on the location availability and adequacy of guides, precedents, plans, designs and project status.
- Coordinates engineering technical and administrative matters among the Directorate's divisions and installation directorates and activities.
- Serves as a division point of contact and liaison between the Directorate and architect/engineer (A/E) firms, United States Army Corps of Engineers, major command headquarters, and other headquarters.
Occasional travel - This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 5% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563903900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.