This position is being announced concurrently as an AGR position. To view the AGR job announcement, please visit the Ohio National Guard jobs page at http://ong.ohio.gov/human_resources/ong_job_postings.html.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK), Position Description Number D2174P01 and is part of the OH 179 Airlift Wing, Ohio Air National Guard.
This position serves as the Operations Section supervisor and a senior Information Technology (IT) specialist.
As a SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK), GS-2210-12, you will perform the following duties:
1) Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work. Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of incumbents.
2) Provides technical expertise and management oversight, in the installation, administration, optimization, and operation of multiple large and enhanced complex networks and communication systems.
3) Develops and recommends technical solutions to mission and customer requirements. Defines broad objectives as to scope and priorities of projects and requirements in the section and guides subordinates in the achievement of those objectives.
4) Manages Commissioning and Acceptance requirements for contractor delivered operating systems and services. Ensures quality control process is utilized for new and existing contracts.
5) Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#: D2174P01). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563896200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.