The Pre-Discharge and lnteragency Collaboration staffs core responsibility is the development and dissemination of procedures for the administration of the entire spectrum of the Compensation benefit program. Staff members have subject matter expertise is one or more of the following: Benefits Delivery at Discharge Program, Integrated Disability Evaluation System, Military Payment Operations, Non-rating processes, and Matching ProgramsLearn more about this agency
- Monitors operating programs and activities supporting compensation benefits and services provided to veterans, their dependents or beneficiaries. Works in close cooperation with other elements of VBA as it relates to Veterans benefits.
- Formulates and recommends instructions, directives, guidelines, policies, plans or procedures to administer or carry out functions that support operations delivery or supporting delivery of benefits or services to veterans.
- Assists field stations with instructions for implementing policy, procedures, or training. Studies program operations, new legislation, automated systems, management initiatives, and the operation of interacting programs and organizations to develop new and modified operating instructions and training material. Analyzes and evaluates, on a quantitative or qualitative basis, the effectiveness of programs or operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
- Undertakes long- and short-range research and studies program activities within the CS Service to support the organization's business goals and objectives. Gathers relevant data, analyzes it critically, and makes recommendations based on findings using available information resources such as Internet tools, manuals, and other reference material. Manages multiple projects or programs concurrently where effort involves coordination among multiple resources, other divisions, or agents outside of the organization. Conducts investigations of evidence involved in resolving appealed cases and special interest cases.
- Deals with issues of sensitive and of a high-profile nature while advising leadership on the national or local impact of changes in process, protocol, or legal statues, which may impact or shapes the future direction of the organization.
- Prepares for and gives oral presentations to various audiences within CS Service, VBA senior management, department level executives and outside agencies. Develops PowerPoint presentations covering highlights of new material and providing practical applications and examples.
- Prepares clear and concise documents. Assists in developing and updating procedural guidance for distribution to field offices. Drafts manual guidance for the M21-I, writes briefing papers, and answers Congressional and external stakeholder inquiries.
- Researches Veteran-specific issues and prepares all necessary administrative materials, correspondence, and justifications detailing reasons for decisions.
- Serves as an advisor and consultant to the supervisor on precedent determinations involving decisions on individual cases and national issues regarding technical, regulatory, procedural, and operational aspects of the Compensation Service program. The incumbent may act for his/her immediate supervisor when called upon to do so.
- Leads in-house efforts and participates actively as a team member or sub-group leader on project teams involving participants outside of VBA.
Work Schedule: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible: May be available
Telework: May be available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Analyst/PD#35398A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Relocation Authorized Description: Relocation Expenses Are Approved for this position. "The Department of Veterans Affairs offers Permanent Change of Station (PCS) relocation services. Permanent Change of Station is the relocation of a household due to government convenience in connection with a transfer between duty stations or facilities. For more information go to http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563860000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.