This position is located in the United States Agency Global Media (USAGM), Voice of America, Language Programming Directorate, Africa Division, Horn of Africa Service. The position serves as the first-level supervisor over the Horn of Africa Service and supervises the production and broadcast of news and information in Amharic, Afan Oromo, and Tigrigna via all platforms (Radio, TV, Internet, and Social Media) to the Horn of Africa.Learn more about this agency
We encourage you to read this entire vacancy announcement prior to submitting your application.As a Supervisory International Broadcaster (Amharic), GS-1001-14, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Directs and coordinates the work of 30+ stringers (freelance journalists, reports, videographers) located in the U.S. and Africa who produce material for broadcast on an assignment-by-assignment basis.
- Plans and directs the production of daily radio and television programming, as well as material for print, digital, and social media for the Horn of Africa.
- Develops new and maintains current partnerships with other U.S. agencies and non-government funding sources in order to present special programming targeted to specific countries (e.g., Ethiopia and Eritrea) or to specific audiences (e.g., females with certain health concerns), in order to provide news and information about many world issues to which they would otherwise not have access.
- Evaluates work performance of subordinates; prepares formal performance appraisals through agency performance management program.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563856000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.