Staff Dental Assistant is an integral member of the dental treatment team and assists the dentist in many aspects of direct patient care and performs other clinical and clerical functions independentlyLearn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Shows courtesy, respect, and a positive attitude for patients, co-workers and the public.
- Provides assistance to customers with questions or concerns, provides service recovery .
- Sets up operatory and/or surgery suite for planned dental procedure and cleans dental unit for timely turnover.
- Passes instruments safely, accurately, and efficiently.
- Keeps operative field clear of debris and retracts oral tissues effectively and comfortably.
- Prepares dental medicaments and impression materials per manufacturer's instructions.
- Accomplishes all intra-operative procedures within standard infection control protocols.
- Assists in routine general dental procedures using concepts of four-handed dentistry.
- Exposes both standard and specialty dental imaging in a digital format.
- Modifies setting to achieve the images as requested by the provider.
- Images are characterized by diagnostic quality, accurately oriented and exposed.
- Demonstrates proper infection control procedures in setting up and cleaning operatory.
- Disinfects oral appliances to prevent cross contamination.
- Assists in filling gaps in the doctor's schedule due to late cancellations and failed appointments.
- Initiates computerized progress notes.
- Maintains patient confidentiality per HIPAA with written and verbal information.
- Modifies care as necessitated by patient's age and abilities (patient transfer and position).
- Provides accurate and understandable instructions to patients.
- Complies with Employee Education requirements and mandatory annual safety training sessions .
- Pours impressions and prepares study models.
- Makes final denture impression trays and prepares bite rims.
- Monitors patient vital signs (BP, pulse, pulse oximeter) and condition during invasive treatment and during recovery period following procedure.
- Applies topical anesthetic at the injection site.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This is a Bargaining Unit position.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required between facilities for training purposes.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563813400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.