This position is located in Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Assistant Commandant for Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Technology (C4IT)(CG-6), Office of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence (C5I) Cybersecurity Program Management (CG-62), Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
The Cybersecurity Program Management Division (CG-62) is responsible to perform duties to manage, plan, develop, initiate, carry out, and assess critical information assurance cybersecurity in support of the mission and function of CG-6, the Assistant Commandant for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence (C5I).
The incumbent is an information technology (IT) cybersecurity expert in policy and planning and related information technology functions. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective performance of the mission and function of the Division, the oversight and management of Coast Guard IT security program. The incumbent independently performs IT analytical and administrative work related to IT compliance and governance,, standards and guidance development, IT program management, technical representation and related duties.
This position requires coordination, collaboration, sensitivity, tact, and consensus building within the Coast Guard and with DoD, DHS, OMB and other Federal agencies. Assists CG-62 in and/or independently developing IT security strategies and implementation plans; continuously evaluating the effectiveness of current policies and ways of doing business; and developing methods and techniques for successful resolution of complex policy, planning and related technical and administrative issues. Remains cognizant of change in policies and regulations pertaining to IT security policies and directives in the Federal government, as well as recognizing the impact of legal precedents on Coast Guard policies and procedures in these areas. Keep abreast of continuing changes in information technology affecting the areas and activities managed.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Performing IT management activities, including strategic planning, portfolio management, capital planning and investment control (CPIC), and workforce planning.
- Evaluating the impact of changes in business needs.
- Representing agency C5I positions on key Government-wide policy initiatives with DoD, DHS, and OMB on national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems, including IT cyber acquisition and procurement negotiations.
- Developing, implementing, and interpreting metrics for the evaluation of IT program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Preparing capital investment plans to support the organization's mission.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563791800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.