This position is an engineering position located in support of a large complex geographical area in the state. Assists the State engineer and is responsible for providing basic technical guidance and in-the overall planning, design, installation, and maintenance of the engineering phases of soil and water conservation practices as well as watershed flood protection programs.Learn more about this agency
- Supervises the planning, design and construction of engineering practices such as water management-animal waste management-erosion control, flood control, wetland creation or restoration, other conservation practices needing engineering guidance.
- Plans and conducts pre-bid site showings, approves construction schedules, monitors work for compliance with plans and specification and contract requirements.
- Directs and performs site investigations, feasibility studies, and field construction checks for conservation practice installations.
- Recommends changes in designs, specifications, and schedule to accommodate conditions at the construction site, availability of materials, or to expedite construction.
- Coordinates and conducts necessary quality assurance reviews of planned, designed, and constructed engineering projects in the assigned area.
- Works a team concept to develop and implement ways to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of the products and/or services provided to internal and external customers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563787600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.