Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Information and Technology, in Alexandria, VA and Springfield, VA.Learn more about this agency
This position may be affected by a planned relocation to Ashburn, VA. Relocation is tentatively scheduled to begin in 2021, although the date is subject to change.
Joining the Customs and Border Protection Office of Information and Technology will allow you to use your expertise developing, implementing and ensuring compliance of IT solutions. This position starts at a salary of $121,316.00 (GS-14, Step 1) to $157,709.00 (GS-14, Step 10) with promotion potential to $157,709 (GS-14 Step 10). Apply for this exciting opportunity to strengthen the Department of Homeland Security's ability to perform homeland security functions solving difficult technical problems and defining new approaches and techniques.
In this Information Technology Specialist (Information Security) you will use your knowledge to provide information technology internal audit support to security systems which facilitate the accomplishment of mission requirements typical work assignments include:
- Coordinating systems security evaluations, Government Accountability Office (GAO) and Office of Information Technology (OIT) audits, assessments, and reviews to participate in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies, along with briefing Senior Leadership on assessment statuses and advising Leadership on new risks or major security issues.
- Performing verification and validation testing and quality reviews to enhance information systems security programs and ensure compliance with Cybersecurity Policies.
- Planning, analyzing, developing, implementing, maintaining, and enhancing information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
- Evaluating and recommending to Leadership, the implementation of IT security tools, procedures, vulnerability remediation plans and practices to protect Information assets as well as reviewing systems or network security accreditation packages for compliance with security policies.
- Identifying and specifying information systems security requirements associated with migrations to new environments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel occasionally for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563779700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.