The incumbent serves as the senior science advisor to the Division Director and Deputy Director, oversees the initiation, conduct and monitoring of research projects in which the Division is involved, in particular those involving use of multiple data systems from within and outside of National Center for Health Statistics, NCHS.Learn more about this agency
As a Health Scientist you will:
- Serve as the senior science advisor to the Division Director and Deputy Director
- Oversee the initiation, conduct and monitoring of Division research projects and maintains liaison with external researchers and organizations engaged in vital statistics research.
- Provide testimony at OMB and Congressional hearings based on expertise relating to Division and Center research initiatives.
- Represent the Center and the Division at meetings with other federal agencies, State and local agencies, public health organizations, business and labor entities.
- Review all reports, articles or monographs completed as part of the research and programs of the Division to ensure that documents are of a high technical caliber, represent important additions to the knowledge base of vital statistics research, and command national and international attention in the public health and health services field.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory changes made by state and local jurisdictions governing the release of vital statistics data and ensures that such changes are reflected in NCHS policies and processes.
- Plan, develop, implement and monitor policies and procedures for access to and release of micro-data, compressed data files, and web-based query systems based on vital statistics data under the terms of the National Vital Statistics Cooperative Agreement developed with the National Association for Public Health Statistics and Information Systems (NAPHSIS) and the states.
- Work closely with NAPHSIS, the states and local jurisdictions to collaborate on issues critical to improving data quality and developing criteria and performance measures for the transmission and release of vital statistics data.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563772300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.