About the Position: This position serves as a Health Physicist GS-1306-14 in Army Futures Command (AFC), Safety Directorate, located in Austin, Texas. AFC exists to modernize the way the Army does business by creating a space of endless possibilities to explore, develop, and test new methods, organizations, and technologies. Visit us on www.armyfuturescommand.com and join the team leading the Army into the future!Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Direct Hire Authority for STEM positions.
- Serves as the AFC Radiation Protection Officer responsible for the development and implementation of AFC wide radiation programs.
- Expert technical consultant for health physics matters relating to uses of ionizing and non-ionizing radiation, depleted uranium munitions and armor, radioactive waste, personnel radiation exposure, and response to nuclear/radiological emergencies.
- Develops, initiates, and directs programs to assure life cycle requirements of AFC commodities.
- Serves on the rapid response Army Contaminated Equipment Retrograde Team (ACERT).
- Represents Command to other Army commands, DOD Services, and regulators at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Establishes, develops, and provides uniform guidance for personnel on storing, packaging, and transporting radioactive waste.
- Monitors contractor activities involving radioactive waste disposal.
- Oversees the administrative operations and management of the Command environmental program.
- Independently plans, reviews, evaluates, integrates, and manages substantive and technical activities within the Command to provide for comprehensive prevention, abatement, and remediation of environmental pollution.
- Serves as a technical advisor to the Director pertaining to all DOD radioactive items of supply and non- ionizing radiation producing commodities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 10% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563763000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.