This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Maritime Intelligence Fusion Center Pacific (MIFC-PAC) Division, Fleet Area Special Security Office (FASSO) Section in the Support on Coast Guard Island in Alameda, California.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Security Specialist in the Maritime Intelligence Fusion Center Pacific (MIFC-PAC), you will serve as the Chief of the Fleet Area Special Security Office (FASSO) managing military and civilian Security Specialists, Intelligence Specialists and Information Systems Technicians both in Alameda, CA and a satellite office in Honolulu, HI and will be responsible for sensitive compartmented information facilities throughout US Coast Guard Pacific Area (PACAREA).
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Managing the oversight and maintenance of all physical accreditation of Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF).
- Supervising the operation of the Fleet Area Special Security Office personnel and administering the SCI security program to include SCI security oversight to S/SCIFs and T/SCIFs under the organizations security cognizance.
- Implementing SCI physical security policy as delineated by the DNI and in accordance with Coast Guard standards.
- Ensuring all information systems are installed in compliance with national policy and properly accredited.
- Managing personnel security clearances for all SCI assigned personnel, as well as conducting routine shipboard inspections, preparation and submission of associated documentation for physical accreditation of new SCIF spaces.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563747000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.