Tour of Duty: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.Learn more about this agency
Position Description Title/PD#: Contract Specialist/ PD#11009-A
Compressed/Flexible Schedules: Available
Virtual Position: No
This recruitment is for two positions with the VHA Regional Procurement Office Central, Network Contracting Office (NCO) 15, located in Leavenworth, KS.
THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT WITH A CLOSING DATE OF 03/23/2021. Applications will be referred as received or as additional vacancies arise.
Contract Specialist/ PD# 10009-A
- The Contract Specialist ensures that specifications and statements of work are prepared in a manner which adequately describes the Government's requirements without restricting competition.
- Advises technical personnel as to inadequate, ambiguous or vague specifications to avoid Government liability.
- Performs a complete review of recommended sole-source requirements and conducts necessary market analysis to test the noncompetitive assumptions of requisitions.
- Prepares required findings and sufficiently documents determinations in this regard.
- Recommends the appropriate method of procurement, i.e. simplified acquisition procedures, sealed-bidding, negotiations.
- Advertises all applicable requirements and prepares the solicitation document using agency contract writing systems for issuance, insuring regulatory and legal sufficiency, and promoting maximum competition.
- Conducts public bid openings, reviews bids, and determines responsiveness and responsibility of low bidder in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Resolves protests, mistakes in bids, late bid situations and coordinates with the Small Business Administration for Certificate of Competencies (COC's).
- Identifies appropriate negotiation team members; formulates pre- negotiation objectives, and facilitates the negotiation as the chief negotiator.
- Prepares price negotiation memoranda, outlining in writing the details of negotiations with contractors in competitive and noncompetitive negotiations.
- Provides signatory authority and executes contract awards within warrant authority for their own contract awards and for staff that lack requisite warrant authority, as requested by supervisor.
- Serves as contract administrator on awarded contracts.
- Conducts post-award conferences with Contractor and Government personnel to provide information and to clarify standard and special contractual provisions of the contract.
- Negotiates required changes to contract conditions to protect the agency.
- Resolves problems of delivery, production, quality, inspection, and other pertinent matters.
- Performs cost/price analysis on change order proposals and analysis of delivery requirements.
- Contract Specialist shall fully utilize contract writing system, contract reporting system, financial management system, and prosthetics application suite, in accordance with agency policies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563713900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.