This position serves as a Scientist in the evaluation of public health issues or health hazards.Learn more about this agency
As a Health Scientist you will:
- Plan and conduct scientific surveys/studies or projects to identify and solve public health problems
- Identify and analyze public health issues and their impact on operations that are critical to the public health community at large.
- Review and analyze studies and projects assessing public health issues in order to make recommendations or processes, procedures and/or policies related to public health programs, practices and research.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to national, state and local health agencies and to various other organizations
- Prepare scientific and other articles and technical reports for publication.
- Make presentations at international and national meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel domestic 15% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563713100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.