The ideal candidate for this position will have experience leading logistics activities in an operational organization and the ability to analyze data and solve problems. This position starts at a salary of $64,660 (GS-11) with promotion potential to $77,501 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Mission Support Division team Region VII within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will be serving as a senior Logistics Management Specialist performing work involving planning and coordinating and/or evaluating the logistical actions to support a specified mission and other designating programs. Typical assignments include:
- Serving as a senior Logistics Management Specialist (LMS) and the primary Accountable Property Officer (APO) for the regional site code and executing a wide range of activities for ensuring accurate property accountability such as receipt(s), inventories and disposition of accountable and non-accountable equipment.
- Working on the regional APO team, executing the accountable property program.
- Assisting the fleet, supply/mailroom and warehouse manager in executing daily duties.
- Researching, evaluating automated data and other records and extracting or developing information and reports into statistical or narrative summaries, spreadsheets and charts.
- Reviewing policies and procedures affecting regional logistics functions and servicing in order to be aware of new, revised, or amended procedures and updating Standard Operating Procedures accordingly.
Promotion Potential: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
50% or less - Travel up to 50% is required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563695900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.