This position serves as a Program Support Assistant on a multidisciplinary team located in a community-based Vet Center that provides veterans with community outreach, counseling and psychotherapy, substance abuse treatment, other direct services and referral to VA and community resources. In addition, the Readjustment Counseling Program provides community education regarding the problems and needs of the veteran.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Tracks day-to-day, monthly, and quarterly budgets of Vet Center.
- Tracks Vet Center expenses against the budgets.
- Provides knowledge of contracting procedures to process contracts, provider requests and billing.
- Provides administrative support for purchasing and timekeeping.
- Receives visitors and telephone calls for Vet Center concerning items such as scheduling, data reporting, and referrals.
- Attends meetings and committees as assigned.
- Schedules committee meetings, including making reservations for meeting rooms and notifying all participants.
- Composes letters, memoranda, reports, etc.
- Designs and prepares detailed charts and graphs for use in presentations, based on workload data.
- Uses personal computer and a variety of software packages.
- Creates and maintains a computerized record system.
- Enters and/or extracts information from data systems for reports and other purposes.
- Uses Outlook and word processing software to create a variety of documents.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 3:30pm or 8:00am to 4:30pm; May be required to work some evenings/weekends
Compressed/Flexible: Not available
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Position Description/PD#: Program Support Assistant/PD50004-A
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563676800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.