The employee serves as a Food Service Worker for the VA Maine Healthcare System located in Augusta, Maine and is responsible for performing a variety of food production duties. The primary purpose is to provide quality food service that meets all food and safety regulations.Learn more about this agency
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of WG-02. At the WG 01 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of WG 02. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher-level work, and availability of funds.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Works on tray assembly line and/or cafeteria line including setup of assigned station;
- Assists in breaking down cafeteria line or assigned station on tray line after serving period and properly cleans area;
- Handles foods in accordance with sanitation standards;
- Sorts, racks, washes and stores dishes, glasses, silverware and trays;
- Operates dishwashing machine;
- Scours and scrubs cooking utensils such as pots and pans and related equipment;
- Places hot and cold beverages on patients trays;
- Passes and collects trays to/from patient's bedside;
- Returns soiled dishes to dishwashing area;
- Portions salads, desserts, milk drinks and fruit juice in prescribed amounts;
- Makes simple sandwiches;
- Sorts, washes, peels, cuts or otherwise does initial preparation work on fresh fruits and vegetables for future use by cooks or cold food preparation section; and
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563664000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.