The ideal candidate for this position will be experienced in the planning, and delivery of emergency management related training and exercises designed to improve disaster operational readiness between federal, state, local partners. This position starts at a salary of $84,045 (GS-12), with promotion potential to $99,941 (GS-13 grade level). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the R10 team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as a subject matter expert on various emergency management laws, regulations, policies and programs. In this position you will serve as a specialist participating in the delivery of preparedness program activities within FEMA Region 10.
Typical assignments include:
- Serving as a liaison for state, local, Tribal, Federal, and private sector partners regarding Regional training and exercise initiatives and programs.
- Leading and facilitating working groups that promote and enhance national preparedness initiatives.
- Planning, developing, monitoring, evaluating and managing Regional exercise requirements to include exercise design, conduct, evaluation, and lessons learned related to current emergency management and homeland security doctrine such as the National Incident Management System (NIMS), the National Response Framework (NRF), the National Disaster Recovery Framework (NRF), the National Mitigation Framework (NMF), and all components of the National Preparedness System.
- Working directly with the Exercise Program Manager to support all activities in accordance with the National Exercise Division and Regional Exercise Initiatives.
- Supporting planning and coordination of Regional Training, Exercise, and Planning Workshop (TEPW).
- Supporting Exercise Training Outreach to State and Local Exercise Officers.
- Supporting Exercise Planning Outreach to State and Local Exercise Officers.
Promotion Potential: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
25% or less - Travel up to 25% is required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563656400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.