The ideal candidate will have experience developing and driving knowledge management (KM) strategies and activities within a legal department. This position starts at a salary of $86,335 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of Chief Counsel (OCC) team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position you will be the Knowledge Manager for the Office of Chief Counsel (OCC) developing and driving OCC’s knowledge management (KM) strategies and activities. Typical duties include:
- Providing support to include case management, file organization, and familiarity with legal tools (e.g., Westlaw, Lexis, e-Discovery, etc.).
- Serving as the senior advisor to the Chief Counsel on OCC KM and data analytics matters.
- Developing and maintaining OCC’s SharePoint page and shared-drives.
- Participating in the development of OCC policies, directives, and procedures concerning KM and data analytics matters.
- Identifying and developing criteria for measuring OCC accomplishments and tracking and analyzing data sets from various sources to recommend short- and long-term processes and training strategies.
- Designing recurring and ad hoc comprehensive reports based on statistical data to evaluate and communicate the effectiveness of OCC programs to OCC and FEMA leadership, Congress, and other stakeholders.
Occasional travel - This position may require non-emergency travel (5%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563653300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.