The ideal candidate for this position will be highly skilled in the Federal budget process and financial management practices and procedures to apply financial management and accounting principles, techniques, and methodologies. This position starts at a salary of $142,701 (GS-15). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Mission Support Associate Administrator's Executive Office team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will be responsible for the Mission Support Bureau's budgetary and financial functions. Typical assignments include:
- Developing timely submission of budget formulation documents including Congressional Justifications, Spend Plans, Multi-Year Forecasts, Quarterly Review Reports, and Special-Issue Reports.
- Serving as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on budget execution matters.
- Coordinating budget estimates and program requirements into financial review and analysis process.
- Negotiating effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations.
- Reviewing, analyzing, revising, and recommending approval, disapproval, or modification of budget requests and justifications.
- Preparing policies, recommendations, and procedures.
- Suggesting solutions to funding problems.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required (5%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563645100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.