Open to current Federal employees serving under career or career conditional competitive service appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointment authorities. Veterans who are preference eligible or separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after 3 or more years of continuous service may apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).Learn more about this agency
This announcement is non-bargaining and may close early once an adequate pool of 50 eligible applicants is reached.
This position serves as senior auditor at the full performance leave on an audit team that is responsible for planning and conducting financial and performance audits and projects of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) programs, functions, and operations. This position supports Division leadership, project direction, and technical expertise on the VA's internal controls program management, which establishes the structure and practices to guide VA's compliance with the Federal Managers' Financial Integrity Act of 1982 (FMFIA) and supports the Office of Business Oversight's (OBO) coordination and execution of internal controls assessments across VA, which provides audit and oversight activities of Department financial, financial statement, operational, capital asset, logistics, and grants activities.
· Serves as a senior auditor in a division within the OBO.
· Reviews of organizational entities' degree of compliance with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-123, Management's responsibility for Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Control (A-123); OMB Circular A-123, Appendix A, Internal Control over Reporting; Government Accountability Office (GAO) Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government (Green Book); and other management and governing directives.
· Drafts surveys and conduct.
· Responsible for providing leadership and guidance to ensure the team meets the FMBT mission, guiding the implementations and technical strategies to meet program goals.
· Accessible and hands on with staff ensuring alignment with program direction and purpose.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible: May be available with supervisor approval.
Telework: May be available with supervisor approval.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Auditor/PD16861A, PD18062A, and PD18063A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Demands: The work is principally sedentary but may require the employee to carry light loads or drive a motor vehicle. No special physical effort or ability is required to conduct this work. Travel is required.
50% or less - Travel required up to 50% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563602500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.