The ideal candidate for this position will possess experience exercising full managerial authority to direct, coordinate and control the activities of an organizations employees and assure implementation of program goals and objectives. This position starts at a salary of $113,581 (GS-14). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region IV team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as the Associate Deputy Division Director. Typical assignments include
- Operating, administrating, planning and coordinating activities performed across the divisions at the Regional level and providing an effective analytical capability for assessing divisional functions, including oversight of the Mission Support Division Spend Plan, facility operations, business processes and information technology solutions.
- Supervising team leaders to direct, coordinate or oversee work, and exercises significant responsibility in dealing with officials of other Divisions.
- Establishing guidelines and performance expectations for staff members, which are clearly communicated through the formal employee performance management system.
- Resolving informal complaints and grievances; providing advice and counsel to workers related to work and administrative matters. Incumbent also effects disciplinary measures
- Developing protocols and procedures for new administrative and operational requirements.
25% or less - Travel up to 25% is required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563574400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.