You will serve as a CONTRACT SPECIALIST in the Contracts Directorate, Shipbuilding Contracts Division, Auxiliary Ships & Craft Branch of NAVAL SEA SYSTEMS COMMAND.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as a recognized expert to develop and implement recommendations and solutions to contract problems, risks, and outcomes in the pre-award and post-award procedures.
- You will plan and conduct the contracting process from the description of the requirements through contract delivery, requiring a knowledge of two or more contract functions.
- You will plan, analyze, or evaluate procurement programs.
- You will review proposed contractual actions for conformance with regulatory requirements and procurement practices.
- You will develop policies and procedures or provide advice and guidance to subordinate activities concerning a variety of procurement issues.
- You will use negotiation techniques to meet and reach agreement through discussion with a proposed contractor on the price and performance terms, and to set forth all these terms in a procurement document.
- You will administer post award contracting procedures oversee or ensure compliance with the terms of contracts;
- You will determine reasonableness of and negotiate claims, resolve disputes and other problems concerning obligations of either the Government or the contractor, and negotiate contract modifications.
- You will apply post award procedures and negotiation techniques to represent the Government in terminations for convenience or default and in claims and settlements.
- Complete cost and/or price analysis techniques to evaluate cost and/or price proposals, contract changes, repricing actions and final contract pricing.
- You will obtain and review data from auditors and technical specialists; to recommend cost and profit negotiation objectives.
- You will conduct or participate in negotiations on cost and/or price issues.
- You will develop and advise on policies and procedures relating to these functions.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563553100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.