The incumbent wiil serve as a Program Analyst in the Division of Chemical, Bioengineering, Environment and Transportation Systems (CBET), Directorate for Engineering (ENG), National Science Foundation (NSF), in Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
Program Analysts apply analytical techniques and information management skills to capture, assemble and disseminate data for assigned projects; conduct analyses; prepare, evaluate and coordinate activities; and provide advice to management in the following areas:
Financial Resources Management
- Identifies and advises supervisor of resources required to provide administrative support including funding, staff and equipment for assigned projects;
- Administers assigned budget operations by performing continuous analysis of organizational use of allocated funds;
- Identifies and advises Division management officials on financial matters;
- Ensures financial management regulations are adhered to.
Business Process management
- Works with other team members or project specialists to restructure work processes, standardize procedures, and manage changes for the Division;
- Evaluates the effectiveness of administrative procedures and the consistency of their contributions to the accomplishment of organizational and program goals and objectives;
- Recommends changes to meet short and long-term strategic plans and objectives.
- Plans, develop, coordinates, organizes, implements, communicates, and tracks project plans, guidelines, budgets, procedures and timetables;
- Performs management studies to evaluate and measure the progress and success of projects and recommends ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of cross-directorate programs and activities;
- Collects statistical data and narrative information from a variety of sources and applies analytical techniques to data management systems to identify patterns and trends;
- Participates in management meetings on modifying or initiating programs or projects.
- Financial Resources Management
- Computer/IT skills
- Business Process Management/Project Management
- Analytical Skills
- Oral/Written Communication
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563538000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.