These positions are located in the Office of the Chief Financial Office, Financial Management Services Center, USDA Associate Chief Financial Officer for Shared Services. Serves as a technical authority and/or project team lead for the Systems Applications and Products (SAP) financial system for the Office of the Associate Chief Financial Officer for Financial Systems (ACFO FS), (FMS) Financial Management Services.Learn more about this agency
- Directs, advises, and collaborates with the appropriate project members across organizations on development, systems design, QA, and, implementation.
- Oversees execution of projects and closely monitors progress; responds and adapts plans to changes and manages risk.
- Develops and documents a work breakdown structure (WBS) and resource loaded project schedule using common project information systems technology and software.
- Develops Systems Applications and Products (SAP) modules and complex functions using the Advanced Business Application Programming (ABAP) programming language. Creates specialized reports for SAP modules using the ABAP programming language.
- Reviews and modifies or restudies the SAP financial system to respond to revised needs, to analyze and correct deficiencies in the present system, or to provide for the use of new equipment or techniques.
- Conducts surveys, research and analyses and outlines alternative courses of action for major technical solutions including platforms, language, database, tools, structures, etc.
- Plans studies to develop long-range IT forecasts and provides recommendations to the technical team leads and other top managers.
Occasional travel - Position will require the incumbent to travel occasionally for the purpose of attending trainings and other mission operational work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563473100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.