This position is located in Vicksburg National Military Park, in the Facility Management Division.Learn more about this agency
This is a permanent Career/Career-Conditional Full-Time appointment.
This job announcement is open to receive applications from the first 50 applicants.
Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. All travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected employee.
- Incumbent on a regular and recurring basis, operates farm type tractors and towed or attached equipment on steep hills or in rough terrain where there is a significant danger of overturning the tractor or equipment.
- Some examples of the type of work performed include contour plowing, planting and mowing on steep hills, building erosion control dams, and operating equipment in performing earth moving projects to close tolerances.
- Frequently operates towed or attached equipment from the seat of the tractor through hydraulic or mechanical controls. Operating this equipment involves making multiple mechanical and hydraulic connections between the towed or attached equipment and the tractor and making numerous equipment adjustments.
- Equipment may be powered by direct drive or a power takeoff, and may include mowers, aerators, plows, harrows, chippers, sprayers, disks, post hole diggers, front-end loading devices, movable dozer blades, and backhoes.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance and makes repairs and adjustments to tractors and equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, replacing belts, chains and cables, oil and filter changes, battery checks, safety inspections, and other servicing that may be required.
Duties will be developmental in nature when filled below the full performance level.
Promotion to the full performance level is neither guaranteed nor implied and will be based solely on your ability to satisfactorily perform the work of the position, existing work at the higher grade level, and recommendation by the position's supervisor.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563451700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.