Incumbent serves as a Budget Analyst for the health care system operating budget, including all phases of program planning and analysis. Determines requirements and establishes priorities, provides guidance to managers and supervisors concerning formulation, planning, and execution of the operating budget.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides advice arid guidance to management officials on all budgetary matters.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures, advises management on the proper use of funds, ensures managers maintain adequate funding levels and controls throughout the year, provides reports and budget updates, etc.
- Implements procedures and controls to minimize probability of the occurrence of an Anti-deficiency violation.
- Develops and coordinates the planning, formulation, and execution of the budget.
- Conducts long range budget planning, provides projections based on variable factors.
- Evaluates how budgetary changes impact program goals and operations.
- Provides recommendations on budget allocation and resulting changes in program operations.
- Monitors and tracks obligations/expenditures through continuing dialog with officials and staff.
- Review of written documents and examination of records.
- Prepares budgetary information and data summaries on a wide variety of forms and documents for inclusion in routine and special reports.
- Drafts and implements policies and procedures for managing budgetary and fiscal operations and plans.
- Determines necessity for establishment of new systems, methods or techniques for adhering to provisions.
- Reviews and analyzes requests by service chiefs for reprogramming and fund adjustments, and recommends approval or disapproval.
- Incumbent is responsible for (1) protecting that data from unauthorized release or from loss, alteration, or unauthorized deletion; (2) following applicable regulations and instructions regarding access to computerized files, release of access codes, etc., as set out in an automated information system security access agreement, which incumbent signs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Telework: Not available.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Budget Analyst/PD740-0160-O
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This is a Bargaining Unit position.
25% or less - May have to go to other clinics around VA Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563420900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.