This is professional work coordinating, translating functional requirements into technical solutions, building, installing, configuring, and testing dedicated cyber defense hardware. Work includes checking system hardware availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency, employing secure configuration management processes and managing accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment. Incumbent will plan, execute, and verify data redundancy and system recovery procedures.Learn more about this agency
- Responds to potential localized or widespread security events; uses various reports to help track and isolate user access problems and potential security incidents; creates daily situational reports while manning and supporting the Cyber Security Operations Center.
- Coordinates and performs automated vulnerability assessments; advises Senate office staff on effective remediation techniques.
- Coordinates and performs the critical security patch evaluation and certification process for supported Microsoft and non-Microsoft software.
- Promotes cybersecurity awareness and assists with developing security awareness materials; provides security reviews for Senate Office Cybersecurity operational environments; and assists in providing security training and awareness briefings.
- Assesses the impact of new cybersecurity threats and identifies and evaluates vulnerabilities within new technology and changes to Senate IT infrastructure.
- Researches, evaluates, tests, and recommends cybersecurity solutions and controls.
- Develops, implements, and maintains scripts and other automated tools to identify indicators of intrusion activity and to support effective cybersecurity workflow processes.
- Performs cybersecurity systems administration tasks and services for Senate employees and vendor maintenance access.
- Updates management as required on Cybersecurity related issues
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563355000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.