About the Position: This position is with The Chemical Biological Center (CBC).Learn more about this agency
The Chemical Biological Center (CBC) is participating in an alternative personnel system known as the Laboratory Personnel Demonstration Project (DEMO). The pay band DB-03 is equal to the former GS-12 step 01 through GS-14 step 10.
THIS IS AN INTERDISCIPLINARY POSITION AND MAY BE FILLED WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE OCCUPATIONS
- Serve as supervisor and technical specialist responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing one of the phases of exploratory development of a critical chemical biological defense program consisting of complex military items, materials.
- Plans overall experimental development efforts and product improvement programs including work plans, costs, facilities, time schedules, technical coordination, human engineering, quality assurance, safety, security, and surety evaluation.
- Conduct extensive investigations into new technology meeting conflicting constraints of use in military situations.
- Provide technical direction, advice, review and evaluation of contractual work in the development and production of new items, materials, and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to other agencies and military services.
- Supervise work of personnel, evaluates performance, resolve differences, and provides coordination of unresolved issues.
- Competencies include knowledge in multidisciplinary fields of engineering and science which may include chemical, mechanical, industrial or electronics engineering, chemistry, physics and other fields of physical science.
- Professional and extensive experience with chemical biological defense systems.
- Skills include analytical and evaluative methods to plan, execute, conceptualize and define phases of project development.
- Ability to manage a subordinate staff involved in research and development.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563340800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.