This is advanced professional work coordinating, developing, evaluating, and implementing cybersecurity standards and procedures to protect centralized and distributed information systems, applications, and data.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent leads efforts in maintaining deployable cyber defense audit toolkit (e.g., specialized cyber defense software and hardware) to support cyber defense audit missions and leads efforts in maintaining knowledge of applicable cyber defense policies, regulations, and compliance documents specifically related to cyber defense auditing. This work involves making recommendations regarding the selection of cost-effective security controls to mitigate risk.
- As functional expert, the incumbent may be called upon to recommend short- and long-term strategic direction for Senate technology.
- As project manager, the incumbent may be assigned project management responsibilities to include the coordination and review of staff and contractor work efforts, budget monitoring, timetables and service level agreements.
- Work involves close cooperation with business owners to define, implement, and review effective cybersecurity requirements.
- Provides expert level functional support in the area of cybersecurity to SAA Cybersecurity Department staff and staff throughout the SAA organization.
- Administers key Cybersecurity service to Senate offices (ex: vulnerability assessments, cybersecurity defense operations, Information Assurance Audits and/or Awareness presentations).
- Assists the supervisor in coordinating all activities of the team; plans, coordinates and reviews work; provides feedback to supervisor for the purpose of evaluating subordinates.
- Provides advanced instruction to staff; trains, assigns and inspects work; schedules training.
- Serves as backup to supervisor, attending meetings and assisting in overseeing day-to-day operations; compiles weekly statistics and prepares necessary system reports and forms to assess workload.
- Leads advanced project teams and contractors; plans, assigns, directs, and coordinates work efforts; develops project plans, timetables and staff requirements.
- Serves as an authority on the interoperability, and system integration of operational security products which affect application systems, development initiatives, network efforts and computer acquisition plans of organizations within the Senate's automation architecture.
- Serves as primary or backup Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) for cybersecurity projects; helps coordinate activities of contractors, vendors, SAA customer support staff, and IT support staff; reviews vendor contracts for compliance and accuracy; assists in adjusting contract statement of work as business needs change; develops reporting mechanisms for evaluating contractor adherence to service level agreements; submits periodic reports on service level agreement compliance.
- Serves as team leader and/or project manager on assigned projects; plans, assigns, directs and coordinates work efforts; develops project plans, calculates level of effort and resource requirements, sets timetables.
- Promotes disaster recovery planning by assisting in identifying critical computer services and applications; develops and documents emergency responses and contingency plans; leads coordination role of planning and carrying out exercises.
- Works with Senate business owners to ensure appropriate logical, physical, management, and cybersecurity controls are employed in all applications; periodically reviews application controls for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops, reviews, maintains and recommends standards, policies, procedures, guidelines and security controls to protect Senate centralized and distributed computer operations from unauthorized access, use, disclosure and interruption of service.
- Assists in short- and long-range strategic planning activities for the Senate in the area of cybersecurity, monitors the impact of technological development; identifies, researches, and evaluates emerging IT security products; proposes solutions and countermeasures.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563333200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.