Incumbent serves as a Supervisory Inventory Management Specialist for expendable (EX) assets/material in a VA Health Care System (VA HCS) and supported catchment area.Learn more about this agency
Supervises multiple supply series of consumable medical supply/inventory used in the healthcare system as well as the micro-purchase program. Recognized as the Commodity Management Division's subject matter expert and serves as advisor and consultant to the Chief Supply Chain Officer (CSCO) and Assistant CSCO on inventory management matters for sound commodity management concepts, practices, and control of all consumable inventory. Occupies a major position on the Facility Logistics Service staff and is critical to the operations of the medical center and supported catchment area.
- Plans, directs and manages the activities of the Commodity Management Section, to include inventory management, supply management, receiving, purchasing, distribution, control of facility, pandemic, environmental supplies, office supplies, non-OIT consignment and prosthetics consumables, equipment instrumentation and applicable services.
- Exercises authority to plan and coordinate the Commodity Management Section and synchronize requirements with other services/sections in the development of a sound course of action and renders the correct interpretations and decisions involving all phases of the operations/requirements.
- Oversees the inventory management, control and distribution of expendable inventory for a VA HCS and supported catchment areas.
- Ensures maximum effectiveness in the management of inventories.
- Establishes procedures and oversees and reviews physical inventories and supply reconciliation.
- Establishes reporting techniques to foresee any potential problems in Supply control.
- Resolves any problem areas identified by the use of data and interpretation of such factors as value of items, volume purchase advantages, market conditions, storage facilities, holding characteristics, administrative costs, seasonal variations, cost of transportation, susceptibility of change and fluctuations, source of supply, and method of procurement, i.e., consignment agreements, blanket purchase agreements, etc.
- Analyzes, studies, develops, and directs systems in connection with the EX requirements in the medical center's annual budget development and strategic planning. Inventory accountability responsibilities may require site reviews throughout the VA HCS catchment area.
- Implements best practices, principles, tools and concepts to evaluate and improve supply system performance.
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Monday through Friday)
Overtime/Shift/Weekend/Holiday Work Required: As Needed
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Supervisory Inventory Management Specialist/PD078980
Relocation/Recruitment Incentive: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563253400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.