About the Position: The incumbent provides technical and administrative management of Architect-Engineer (A-E) or in-house designs for Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) Major Construction projects and complex projects to include hospitals, community living centers, research facilities, and medical/specialty clinics hospitals.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a senior design manager responsible for managing the efficient and effective coordination and accomplishment of the planning, scoping, development, budget development, and contract oversight of highly significant designs.
- Responsible for securing and coordinating the necessary resources to fully develop high quality deliverables through both in-house, Architect Engineering firms (A-E), or hybrid means.
- Coordinate with other project delivery team members from across the Region in the planning, design, cost engineering, construction acquisition, and environmental considerations for design projects.
- Controls and manage the design milestones and budgets.
- Provides status reports on assigned projects to the project delivery team and Engineering management.
- Tracks all design changes and ensures modifications are made to budget and schedule as needed.
- Initial assignment is in Sacramento, moving within 2 yrs to construction site.
Occasional travel - Business Travel (TDY) is approximately 20-40% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563249700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.